Thursday, February 17, 2011

72 degrees F in Nee-braskey

My oh my, this weather is dee-vine...
1. The weather today, and the funny things it makes a person do. I was laying sprawled out straight on the grassy knoll outside of my parent's house, talking to an old friend on the celly, and my dad comes over yelling "Rach! Get up! You're so strange! The neighbors... you look like your a dead body!" It might have been my outfit choice...bright yellow cords.

2. Meeting up with two stunning, joyful, faith filled daughters of God, Joy and Karissa, who I miss from my Crisis Pregnancy Center days. It was a windy talk in Woods Park, but I loved every moment. You both  inspire me in every way. Yay for skirts!
3.  My warm apple fritter from Starbucks. I was mad at myself because I was trying to avoid sugar lately, but this was the perfect accompaniment to a black coffee.
4. This quote I saw on Bohemian Musings...

5. I really loved my friend Karissa's outfit today! She was sporting a maxi dress resembling a watercolor painting, bright green leaf earrings, an Indian style wooden bracelet, gladiator sandals, a Tiny Hands International knapsack, and a gray bolero. She's an artist, and she wears her clothing like art.

6. Eating delicous homemade soup of my daddio's: it's turkey noodle with spicy Thai sauce/parsley--it's really good!
7. Listening to "Can't Take It In" by Imogen Heap. Oh, and "Never Alone (acoustic)" by Barlowgirl 
8. Having a wonderful conversation with my friend Paul on the phone for a good hour and a half...I miss my Craig Lodge brother. It's hard to find solid guy friends in this world!
9. Scoring a beautiful robin's egg blue skirt from my fav thrift store: 18th and O Family Thrift!

10. My long quiet hour of prayer this morning at Blessed Sacrament. Oh, and seeing my fifth grade teacher who came up to me and said "You're still beautiful as ever!" I was shocked and delighted--just woke up and haven't showered in three days. Yeeaaah, i'm low maint.

No comments:

Post a Comment