Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So, obviously I (Erika) have not been keeping up with this the way I had originally intended. Though some may see my lack of posts in the past few days as a sign of defeat, I must say it has been quite the contrary. Knowing that I am supposed to be writing this blog every evening forces me to be constantly thinking during the day of what beauty I see and the small things for which I am grateful. During the bad days, those little moments mean so much more, and on the good days, it makes me realize what small things I often take for granted. That said, it has been a crazy few days, but a lot of good has happened!

Also, at the end of this, I write a poem about lost love in Spain on this beach where I used to live. Took this photo on one of the most beautiful days of my life.



1.) My mom's back is better!
2.) Also in good news in the maternal department, a large Christian publishing company just decided they want to publish her book!
3.) Really good Spanish wine that takes me back to where 1/2 of my heart still and always will lie...amongst the rocky coves and sandy dunes of Laredo, Spain.
4.) Friend's birthdays
5.) Small whittled kitties
6.) Dancing to a live Cuban band at the Zoo bar with some of my favorite people in the whole world.
7.) Friendly people who drive me home.
8.) Hilarious text convos between Kate and me (this is like PG(13?) rated, so if you don't like poop or the world "balls"...skip...this is mainly so I never forget this texting mania)
e.g.
Kate: Where?
Return.
Me: Lumber
Me: That means coming now :) smoked a cigar w/ Vlad & Paul Klopping laughing my balls off
Me: Jiss wondering if y'all wanna eat a taco me treat @ day Lee onz? ? hahaha
K: Frick.yes I so mux?
K: We home. Good.ofjt.
Me: Thanks da LORD! ... Sooo grateful for the ride!
K: No prob! Key us get tacos no prob!
Me: yes.
B-) B-)
K: Let
K: Omg pizza
Me: Is in my fridge. Jays leftovers. I also have totinos u girls invited 2 eat it.
K: I ate leftovers and. Inkaleers tiny clothes. sleep.tome. goodnight. See you ay tacos @ 12!
K: Wow
Me: Feel sick
K: Yep. Popping now. Pooping.
Me: Post-party poop. Post-partedpoopy depression. You might be @ risk.
Bad headache. Pooped so much this morn too.
K: omg
Me: Hope u rnt bleeding
K: From the pooping? I am not. But feel like this poop could come out forever.
Me: "Medikate"
Kate: .... Tacos will heal us.

9.) Not having a lot of homework the week before mid-terms!
10.) Feeling somewhat proud of the poem I wrote in Spanish! Here it is:
Lo que fue escrito en la arena
Lo que fue escrito en la arena
A la orilla de aquella mar ajena
Cuentó amor de verdad, sin malo
Mano en mano juntos con un palo

Lo que fue escrito en la arena
Antes me dió tanta alegría 
Ahora sólo me queda la pena
de historia cambiada en fantasía

Todo que era no te satisfacía
Por eso cruzaste la mar aquel día
En aquella arena me dejaste tan sóla
Para ser borrada por una ola

Lo que has dejado en la arena
No intentas ver desde tu isla ajena
Porque si ya en tu mente no aparecen
Tu tiempo y amor no les merecen

No comments:

Post a Comment