Monday, February 28, 2011

That's a spicy meatball!

Old habits DIE hard. A disgruntled attitude must be conquered--one gracious thought for God at a time! Just surrender and believe. Hello, world!

1. I am so grateful for my safe, clean home I was brought up in that resembles a Victorian cottage straight outta the olden days. My parents have loved me selflessly to keep me safe and comfortable my entire life, and my new job is making me see that I have been one quite privileged. I never earned a safe place to grow up, I just was lucky enough to have one.

2. I love that song "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum. For SOME odd reason, it makes me cry, which is very significant because I don't do the whole crying thing. It was the song I heard when I dramatically packed up my car and drove out of Lincoln wailing (and I mean a floodfest!)  towards Wyoming thinking I was saying goodbye to my old life...only to show back up 10 days later. Haha, very funny God!

3. This dad's voice/energy I was with today really reminded me of Jack Black. And I realized, I really love that Jack Black.

4. My mom told me she'd get me a camera, because her old company she works for sent her out a catalog saying she could pick out a "free gift" for working for that crusty place for 30 years, so she's getting me a camera! Moms. Rule. (and yes I argued with her!)

5. I really liked my outfit I wore on Sunday. It was a long black skirt, gray slouchy boots, mint green l/s shirt, and a gray woolen "outfit completer" as my mum calls 'em. I forgot how much mascara opens up your eyes...man I miss being girly. I'm gonna slowly try to bring back that part of my old self.

6. My beautiful friend Lucy Langdon took me out to lunch this week at Macaroni Grill. What MADE the meal was the Amalfi Chicken soup! Holy cannoli! Cheese-stuffed noodles in chicken broth with chicken and herbs...and veggies probably. Oh man. I'm dying.

7. I had my visitation on Saturday with an autistic little boy named Billy, and all I have to say is, getting hugs from autistic children is THE BEST HUGS YOU WILL EVER GET. Try it.

8. The Eucharist. (This should be number one, always.) I needed it badly today. I think God is pushing my limits lately, and I'm realizing that I truly appreciate the Sacraments when I feel like my job is more than I can give...The Eucharist is simply Him becoming One with little me. He told me I could not do the job I am doing if I didn't receive him devoutly daily--so Jesus, thank you for helping me carry a cross that I would not normally be able to do with my wee strength.

9. I am just so happy my house smelled good growing up. So many kids grow up in stinky houses.

10. Erika, I am grateful for the dinner you threw on Saturday night. (Czech Noccc!) You really are the most generous person I know, and you put so much thought into making others feel special by preparing such lavish dinners and offering such hospitality. you are the best kamaradka ever. i hope you get your internship in the CZ RP and i live in Roma. we could go on the Camino together the summer after your internship...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment